When Chandra data goes through Standard Data Processing (SDP), the most recently available calibration is applied to it. Since this calibration is continuously being improved, one should check whether there are newer files available. Similarly, some science decisions are made during SDP; every user has the option to reprocess the data with different parameters.
- Check the ACIS Data Caveats
- Why topic: -110 C Observations
- Why topic: Continuous Clocking Mode Data
- Reprocessing Data to Create a New Level=2 Event File (05 Nov 2019)
- Customizing an ACIS Bad Pixel File (25 Nov 2019)
- Removing ACIS Background Flares
- Analysing the ACIS Background with the "Blank-Sky" Files
- Remove the ACIS Readout Streak
- Removing Warm ACIS Data
- Check the HRC Data Caveats
- New Observation-Specific HRC Bad Pixel File
The chandra_repro script may be used to easily reprocess Chandra datasets.
To reprocess your data step-by-step, follow the Reprocessing Data to Create a New Level=2 Event File thread.
- Computing Average HRC Dead Time Corrections
- The HRC-I Background Event Files
- The HRC-I Background Spectra Files