Lodging and Directions
Marriott Conference Rate SOLD OUT
The block of rooms reserved at the conference rate (both government and non-government) has sold out.
The conference room block with the Huntsville Marriott hotel is sold out, but alternate arrangements with the Hilton Garden Inn at the group rate of $114, exclusive of taxes, have been made. The Marriott continues to accept reservations at their corporate rates only.
To make a reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville/Space Center, please call 256-430-1778 and register using the "CHANDRA Group Rate" passcode.
The Hilton Garden Inn is at 4801 Governors House Drive SW, Huntsville, AL 35805, tele 256-430-1778 or fax 256-430-1997. The Inn is within view of the conference hotel; it is approx 2 miles distance and is about a 6-minute drive between hotels. Due to high speed traffic areas, busy intersections, no sidewalks, and poor lighting, neither walking nor jogging between sites is recommended. A web search of this hotel will provide directions from the airport and describe its accommodations, services and amenities.
If you will be attending both the Symposium and the Chandra Calibration Workshop, please indicate this when making your reservation.
The Symposium headquarters hotel is the Marriott Huntsville, 5 Tranquility Base, Huntsville, AL 35805, Telephone 256-830-2222.
The conference government guest room rate is $88.75, while the conference non-government guest room rate is $114. All guest rooms are subject to a 12% state lodging tax and a $1 city surcharge tax.
Rates are available 20-26 October, allowing for a Saturday night stopover. In order to take advantage of the Symposium rates, reservations must be made by 22 September 2007.
This is a non-smoking hotel. Check-in time is 3:00 p.m.; check-out time is 12:00 noon.
To make lodging reservations (CONFERENCE RATE SOLD OUT)
Reservations may be made online.
Visit the Huntsville-specific Marriott page at:
Ground Transportation to Marriott Huntsville
- There is a complimentary Marriott Huntsville shuttle bus from Huntsville International Airport to the Hotel. Upon arrival at the Huntsville airport there is a courtesy phone in the Baggage Claim area to call the Hotel. To return hotel/airport, the van leaves for the airport every hour on the hour.
- Bus service fee, $14.00 USD (one way, airport/hotel)
- Estimated Taxi Fare, $20.00 USD (one way, airport/hotel)
- Car Rental
- Public Transportation, http://www.ci.huntsville.al.us/PublicTran/public_trans.php
There is complimentary on-site parking for all guests to the Marriott Huntsville.
Driving Directions Marriott Huntsville
- From Huntsville International Airport take 565 East to Exit 15; hotel is located next to Space & Rocket Center.
- PDF of Additional Driving Directions