Chandra Proposal Software (CPS)
- Users can tell if their proposals were successfully submitted.
- Users can see exactly what they submitted, including supplemental files, like the SJ.
- Proposals can be cloned.
- CV files can be used over multiple proposals.
- Users can allow others to automatically use their latest account
profile information by opting-in to a 'searchable'
- This option is part of a User's Account Profile and can
be edited at any time.
- Many Institutions and Countries are preloaded.
- If several users are from the same institution in any given
year, it is likely to be added to the preloaded list in the future.
- Users may have access to the past 3 years of their
proposals (as PI).
- For accounts created before February 1, 2019, we
will make a best-effort attempt to link users' new CPS
accounts to past proposals from Cycles 18-20 (regardless of the final approval status).
- Only one person 'owns' each proposal, but ownership can be
transferred to anyone with an account who opted-in to the 'searchable list'.
Major Changes from RPS
- Accounts are needed.
- At least one person on each proposal needs to
create an account. This does not have to be the PI.
- In Progress proposals are stored on the CXC servers - no local copy needed.
- No email version.
- Contact Helpdesk if you
need help with your proposal.
- No DDT version (yet), DDT proposers still use RPS.
- CoIs will need accounts if they want to take advantage of all CPS
benefits such as sharing profile information and having
read access to proposals.
- Proposal PDF files have been redesigned.
- Technically this is independent of CPS, but users may notice pdfs from CPS look different than ones they have seen in past cycles.