FINALISTS from the 2006
Extragalactic Surveys Chandra Science Workshop
MOST IMPORTANT SURVEY SCIENCE TOPICS (MISSTs)
with * related observational notes.
of Environments on galaxies (e.g., SFR).
Are AGN really created/fueled by mergers?
History of accretion.
- Need to know the Compton thick fraction.
- Deep optical/IR of many 100ksec may be the
Physics and evolution of absorption.
- Study local examples with detailed knowledge
of their X-ray spectral complexity and simulate how they'd look at
- Watch out for the effect of fine structure in
Physics and evolution of groups and clusters.
- Need followup of wide area surveys e.g., ROSAT
Effect of AGN feedback on galaxy hosts, groups, clusters, and LSS.
- Need good measurements of kinetic luminosity
in local AGN first!
- Then of BALQSOs
- But do radio-quiet quasars inhabit galaxy
Cluster mass function at high-z and growth of structure.
- Needs more than detection!; morphology,
modified: Wed Nov 15 19:31:14 EST 2006