Chandra Proposal Software (CPS)
CoIs on Cloned Proposals If you cloned an old proposal, your coIs may not all be able to see the proposal when they log in with their new CPS account. If this happens, you should first delete the old coI entry, then add them again using the searchable list. If your coIs don't have accounts or aren't searchable, they will not be able to see the proposal.
View Proposal Form When you download a pdf of your proposal from CPS, it only gives you the forms. If you want to check your SJ or other files, click on the PDF link in the "Supporting Files" section of the proposal.
- Users can tell if their proposals were successfully submitted.
- Users can see exactly what they submitted, including supplemental files, like the SJ.
- Proposals can be cloned.
- CV/Previous Chandra Experience file can be used over multiple proposals.
- Users can allow others to automatically use their latest account profile information by opting-in to a 'searchable' list.
- This option is part of a User's Account Profile and can be edited at any time.
- Many Institutions and Countries are preloaded.
- If several users are from the same institution in any given year, it is likely to be added to the preloaded list in the future.
- Users may have access to past years of their proposals (as PI).
- For new accounts created before February 1, 2019, we made a best-effort attempt to link users' accounts to proposals from Cycles 18-20 (regardless of the final approval status). Going forward, users will be able to see all their proposals that are created in CPS.
- Only one person 'owns' each proposal, but ownership can be transferred to anyone with an account who opted-in to the 'searchable list'.
Major Changes from RPS
- Accounts are needed.
- At least one person on each proposal needs to create an account. This does not have to be the PI.
- In Progress proposals are stored on the CXC servers - no local copy needed.
- No email version.
- Contact Helpdesk if you need help with your proposal.
- CoIs will need accounts if they want to take advantage of all CPS benefits such as sharing profile information and having read access to proposals.
- Proposal PDF files have been redesigned.
- Technically this is independent of CPS, but users may notice pdfs from CPS look different than ones they have seen in past cycles.