20 Years of Chandra
December 3-6, 2019
Boston Park Plaza Hotel
This meeting will celebrate the twenty years of the Chandra X-ray Observatory. The meeting will cover all areas of active research in X-ray astronomy, but will emphasize the science that is enabled by the high angular resolution and spectral resolution provided by Chandra. Results from other high energy missions, theoretical results, multi-wavelength results, and archival studies that relate to the science topics are encouraged. There will be a session that examines how the questions raised by the recent observations may be addressed by future missions. There will also be sessions that examine the history of X-ray astronomy, with an emphasis on Riccardo Giacconi's role in this history, and the launch and deployment of Chandra as described by the STS-93 crew.
Please keep in mind the following deadlines:
- April 11: 1st announcement
- May 29: 2nd announcement
- July 12: 3rd announcement
- July 12: Abstract submission, registration & hotel reservations open
- Sep 6: Abstract submission & registration closes
- Oct 18: Notification of selected abstracts for oral presentations
- Nov 6: Final announcement & program
- Dec 3: Conference Begins!
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.