20 Years of Chandra
December 3-6, 2019
Boston Park Plaza Hotel
This meeting will celebrate the twenty years of the Chandra X-ray Observatory. The meeting will cover all areas of active research in X-ray astronomy, but will emphasize the science that is enabled by the high angular resolution and spectral resolution provided by Chandra. Results from other high energy missions, theoretical results, and multi-wavelength results that relate to the science topics are encouraged. There will be a session that examines how the questions raised by the recent observations may be addressed by future missions. There will also be sessions that examine the history of X-ray astronomy, with an emphasis on Riccardo Giacconi's role in this history, and the launch and deployment of Chandra as described by the STS-93 crew.
Please keep in mind the following deadlines:
- April 11: 1st announcement
- May 9: 2nd announcement
- July 12: 3rd announcement
- July 12: Abstract submission, registration & hotel reservations open
- Sep 6: Abstract submission & registration closes
- Oct 18: Notification of selected abstracts for oral presentations
- Nov 6: Final announcement & program
- Dec 3: Conference Begins!