Iris 1.2 Release Notes
The following updates to Iris functionality have been made since the 1.1 release.
Version 1.2 summary list
o Visualization and SED browsing improvements
o Stable Software Development Kit for Plugins
o Improvements to the Sherpa SAMP connection management
o Many Bug Fixes
SED visualization and browsing improvements:
- Segment browser
- Metadata filtering by Boolean expression
- Individual point metadata popup restored
- Data point coloring
- Plot has legend explaining difference between points with error and without
- The Visualizer picks as default display units whatever units are present in the last segment added by the Builder to the SED
If there is no SAMP hub to connect to, sherpa_samp waits and periodically checks to see if the SAMP hub is now active. When the hub becomes active, sherpa_samp connects and registers the Sherpa process.
sherpa_samp has signal handlers for the SIGINT and SIGTERM signals. If it intercepts the SIGTERM signal sherpa_samp disconnects from the hub and exits with a nonzero status. If it intercepts a SIGINT signal, it disconnects from the hub and raises a KeyboardInterrupt exception in Python.
- Sherpa is launched and killed by the launching script, not by Specview.
- The launching script sends a SIGINT signal to sherpa, so that it can shut down cleanly.
- The Plugin Framework has been completely redesigned and it should be now ready for production. In particular, the new framework allows to install and uninstall plugins "on the fly", and supports custom icons.
- The new Plugin Manager is the GUI for installing and uninstalling additional plugins. You can both install and uninstall them at runtime... no need to restart Iris. The additional buttons and menus will come and go.
- An example Plugin is included in the examples directory, to exercise the Plugin Manager.
- New SDK available for developers of third party plugins. The SDK has the form of a Maven archetype that can be used to generate stubs of plugin projects and already configured to build compliant plugins. The iris-common library can be used by developers not willing to use Maven and directly managing their external dependencies (this is possible but not recommended).
- Added ASDC plugin (1.1.3) to contrib directory.
- BR-106: move left button doesn't work.
- BR-110: displays error dialog if Sherpa not connected to SAMP hub.
- BR-116: input points in magnitude units do not display error bars.
- BR-117 SED Builder fails to show error message when an incompatible spectrum/SED is added
- BR-122 Iris script does not reset PYTHONPATH variable
- BR-125 Missing Iris data files
- BR-126 Tool tip text on IRIS display window too techy
- BR-128 Exception message when starting IRIS on Mac 10.7.4 with Java 1.6.0_35
- BR-131 Trouble loading FITS format files
- BR-132 Multiple zooms with large (fitted) files can cause Iris to freeze
- BR-133 Confusing results if trying to load a file without an open SED in SED Builder
- BR-136 Error messages fired by boolean filters defined on strings
- VAOPD-203: choice between linear and ratio fit residuals.
- VAOPD-204: SED service produces non-compliant VOTable responses.
- VAOPD-205: SED Service incorrectly returns ERROR status for empty responses.
- VAOPD-206: SED service INFO element (for QUERY_STATUS) incorrectly constructed. The service was fixed according to the SSAP v1.04 spec.
- VAOPD-207: SED Service needs to implement FORMAT=METADATA.
- VAOPD-612 Adding a "Duplicate Photometric Point" button in the IRIS builder Photometric Catalog Importer
- VAOPD-635: multiple output values in fit window.
- VAOPD-636: fixed ConcurrentModificationException in fitting.
- VAOPD-667 Start Sherpa from the Iris launcher (not from the Visualizer component)
- VAOPD-671 Adding photometric points without error with the "Duplicate photometric point" functionality
- VAOPD-672 "Photometry Filter" name in the "Photometry Catalog Import" window is not immediately updated when changing filter
- VAOPD-673 was addressed and it is actually not a bug.
- VAOPD-689 SED name in the Viewer
- VAOPD-690 Improvement in the mechanism for highlighting of rows selected with boolean filters in the Metadata Browser
- VAOPD-699 Loading saved models will result in fitting exception
- VAOPD-700 Model Component Editor displayed in the background
- Iris launch script can now be launched from dirs with a space in them
- Fixed the object names listed by the metadata browser when SED was created with the Extract button.