|AHELP for CIAO 4.9||
Replicates table value along axis of image
dmimgreproject infile imgfile outfile [method] [clobber] [verbose]
`dmimgreproject' takes an input image and a table with two columns. The first column in the table must match the name of either of the axes of the input image (usually "x" or "y"). The coordinates along this image axis are interpolated with the chosen method to match the data in the table.
dmimgreproject infile="table.fits[cols x,sum]" imgfile=img.fits outfile=out.fits method=weight
Since the input file table.fits has an "X" column, the X-coordinates in the image are used to lookup values in the table. For each X value, the SUM (2nd) column is looked up. A linear interpolation/extrapolation (weight) is used to find the values. The SUM value that is found in the table is replicated for all Y values in the output image.
dmimgreproject infile="table.fits[cols y=delta,mean]" imgfile=img.fits outfile=out.fits method=closest
Using the DM filtering syntax we have renamed the 'delta' column 'y'. So similar to above, the 'y' values are now polled from the input image, the corresponding values looked-up in the table, this time the value closest to the requested Y position is used, and then that value is replicated for all X values in the output image.
Parameter=infile (file required filetype=input)
The input table
The input table must have 2 columns. A DM filter should be used to select desired columns, if necessary. The table should be sorted such that the first column is increasing (use dmsort to pre-sort file if necessary).
Parameter=imgfile (file required filetype=input)
The input image
The image used to a) get the coordinates to lookup in the table and b) determines the output image size.
Parameter=outfile (file required filetype=output)
The output file name
The output image which will match the input image w/ data along one axis repliated from input table
Parameter=method (string default=weight)
There are several interpolation methods available
- weight - a linear interpolation/extrapolation of the data values.
- closest - the value closest to the requested coordinate
- furthest - the value furthest from the requested coordinate
- min - of the two neighboring data values, the minimum value
- max - of the two neighboring data values, the maximum value
- first - of the two neighboring data values, the first (lowest coord) value
- last - of the two neighboring data values, the last (highest coord) value
Parameter=clobber (boolean default=no)
Remove output if it exists?
Used to specify whether or not to clobber existing file that has the same name as the specified output file
Parameter=verbose (integer default=0 min=0 max=5)
The tool chatter level
Verbose can be from 0 to 5, generating different amounts of debugging output.
There are no known bugs for this tool.
- dmappend, dmcontour, dmellipse, dmfilth, dmimg2jpg, dmimgadapt, dmimgblob, dmimgcalc, dmimgdist, dmimgfilt, dmimghist, dmimghull, dmimglasso, dmimgpick, dmimgpm, dmimgproject, dmimgthresh, dmmaskbin, dmmaskfill, dmnautilus, dmregrid, dmregrid2, dmstat, evalpos, imgmoment, mean_energy_map, pileup_map