ChaSeR - Web version
A Web version of ChaSeR,
the CDA Search and Retrieval tool is now available, with basic functionality.
The restriction are:
- No SIMBAD name resolution
- Position search only for J2000 RA and Dec, only cone search
- No selection by proposal number, exposure, time range, or category
- No file input or output
- Retrieval: only complete primary and/or secondary data products packages
- No preview images or observation details
On the other hand, specification of multiple ObsIds has been made
easier and log in for obtaining proprietary data has been improved.
This release is aimed at the majority of users who just want to
retrieve the primary and secondary data products for specific
observations; it offers, for instance, and alternative to PIs and CoIs
for obtaining their new observations. This interface works best with
Netscape 6.1 and higher, but Netscape 4.76 and Microsoft Explorer do
not present any problems; avoid Netscape 6.0x.
Over the next months we will be working on a much more flexible and
sophisticated vversion of the Web ChaSeR. In the meantime,
ChaSeR will allow users the full
spectrum of search and retrieval options.