CHANDRA ELECTRONIC ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER 20
Astro-E2 Cycle 1 Deadline Reminder and Proposal Tool Update
With the kind cooperation of CXC, we are sending a copy of a note
sent out to our "astroenews" distribution list via the CXC list.
If you are not on the "astroenews" list, you can subscribe at
Cycle 1 Deadline Reminder and Proposal Tool Update
The deadline for Astro-E2 cycle 1 proposals is August 18th, 2004,
a little over 5 weeks away. This would be an excellent time
to get started on your proposals, if you have not done so already.
We apologize for the delay in preparing the proposal support tools
and documentation. The following are now ready for your use:
* XRS and XIS responses for simulation
* PIMMS and WebPimms for count rate estimates
* WebSpec for on-line simulation
* Xrssim and related software for XRS event simulation (particularly
for extended sources)
* Maki (Linux and Solaris versions) for investigating the field of view
and available roll angles of XRS.
* RPS at GSFC is ready to receive proposals to NASA.
Please consult http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/astroe/aehp_prop_tools.html
for links to these tools and for documentation.
Astro-E2 Guest Observer Facility
This Electronic Bulletin is used for the dissemination of important
announcements and information about the Chandra X-Ray Observatory to members
of the community. If you wish to unsubscribe from the list, simply reply to
this email to let us know.